Ayrshire & Arran Destination Alliance are delighted to be operating and managing The Coig.
The Coig is a major initiative to promote Ayrshire and the Clyde islands as a tourism destination.
Having celebrated a successful first year, reaching a potential audience of more than 25 million people despite the global pandemic, The Coig is delighted to become a part of Ayrshire & Arran Destination Alliance.
Gaelic for ‘five’, The Coig was launched as a not-for-profit industry led organisation at the start of 2020. It promotes five routes which join up the region and market the whole of Ayrshire and the Clyde islands of Arran, Bute and Cumbrae as a tourist destination
Some of the key highlights for The Coig over the last year include:
- Creation of the first ever industry-led destination organisation encompassing and linking all of Ayrshire and the Clyde islands, and operating as a not-for-profit organisation with a voluntary industry board.
- Delivery of industry-backed #YoureInvited staycation campaign in summer 2020 reaching over 500,000 people and increasing web traffic by 500% over two months.
- Coordination of seven press trips led to 18 items of coverage, reaching a potential 24.2 million people across titles including The Herald, The Scotsman, The Independent and Scottish Field.
- Partnership work with bloggers and influencers, including The Wee White Dug and Tristan Cameron Harper, featured the region as a destination for outdoor activities and dog lovers on Instagram.
- Showcasing the region to national and international travel trade at Scotland Reconnect 2020, with travel trade product from industry presented to 26 buyers from seven countries.
- 25,000 direct email campaign pieces were issued to households across the UK.
- Development of 32 pages of new content, including thematic blogs and experiences focused on outdoors adventures, food and drink, walking and wildlife.
- Delivery of a seasonal Loves Local campaign to promote and encourage safe local shopping and gifting in the run up to Christmas reached 450,000 people and over 4,000 direct referrals to businesses.
Join our mailing list today and receive our monthly e-newsletter